A major update with version number 9.0 is now available for download in the iTunes App Store and Google Play Store for Telegram Messenger for iOS and Android.
The new version gives you even more ways to use the new emoji to express your feelings with reactions and an emoji status. All users now have access to dozens of reactions, including some that were previously only available with Telegram Premium.
To accommodate all the new emojis, the reactions section has been redesigned and made expandable. The reactions you use frequently will appear at the top. Users who frequently sign out and sign back in can now receive sign-in codes to their email address or via Sign in with Apple or Sign in with Google.
Signing into Telegram for iOS is even easier, with new interfaces and fun animations that Android users were already familiar with. The update with version number 9.0 for Telegram Messenger is available now on the iTunes App Store and Google Play Store, otherwise, you will be notified as soon as it is available for your device. More information about this update can be found below or on the official Telegram blog.
Version 9.0 includes the following new features and improvements:
Infinite reactions, emoji statuses, and more.
- Infinite Reactions: All users now have access to dozens of reactions, including some that were previously only available with Telegram Premium. To accommodate all the new emojis, we’ve redesigned the Reactions section to make it expandable. The reactions you use frequently will appear at the top.
- Emoji status: Now Telegram Premium subscribers can add an animated emoji status to display next to their name. This allows them to quickly let everyone know how they’re feeling or what they’re doing. This customized status replaces the Premium badge in your chat list, groups, and profile. You can set one of 7 default statuses that change color to match different Telegram color themes or choose from a huge number of customized emoji. Popular suggestions for work, sleep, travel, etc. are displayed at the top.
- Improved sign-in flow: Users who frequently log out and log back in can now receive login codes to their email address or via Sign in with Apple or Sign in with Google. Signing in to Telegram for iOS is even easier, with new interfaces and fun animations that our Android users were already familiar with.
- New username links: All usernames on Telegram have their own t.me/username link, making it convenient to share your public profile, group, or channel anywhere. The search for the “/” sign on the keyboard is over because now everyone gets an additional link in the form of a username.t.me.
- Prioritize downloads on Android: Media and files that are actively being downloaded can be managed in the “Downloads” section of the search, or by simply tapping on the download icon that appears in the chat list. You can now tap and hold on to any item in the list to reorder it and change its priority. This feature was already available in the iOS app. There, in the iOS downloads, hold down on an item in the list and select Prioritize Download.
- Extras for Android: Added new fluid animations for open, close, and media switching on Android. Users of Android 13 or later can select a themed Telegram icon. This will automatically match your system dark mode settings and your phone’s accent color.
Bug fixes and performance improvements to make the app more reliable.
The full list of changes is available in the app or on the official blog.
Telegram Messenger for iOS and Android -> description via App Store.
Telegram Messenger is a cloud-based instant messaging service for use on smartphones, tablets, and PCs. Telegram users can exchange text messages, encrypted messages, photos, videos, and documents: Telegram is the fastest messaging app on the market to connect people across a globally distributed network of data centers.